Friday, July 14, 2017

Jon from Monterey


Before moving to the Bay Area, i lived in Monterey County for about 8 years, in all different corners of the area. Imagine my bewilderment when I met Jon, a bartender that works in Monterey at the military base. He was staying at the same hostel as I. We walked around Havana together yesterday, and he facilitated the best game of Kings Cup I've ever participated in. 

Jon probably saved my whole trip. I have been stressing off of money for the beginning of my stay here and was beginning to think I wouldn't have enough money for food throughout my whole stay in Cuba. After waking up from a bad-watermelon induced nap, I realized that I would have to sell my go pro to someone in Cuba to have some extra cushion cash After consulting with Enzo, he agreed to help me post the camera on a Cuban-Craigslist to see if I could get any bites. When I went downstairs to grab the go pro so Enzo could upload the picture of it to his computer, I told Jon what I was doing, and he agreed to buy my GoPro with the memory card and all the extra attachments I had for it. In one of the dopest things that anyone has ever done for me, Jon freed my brain from the money-induced anxiety attack I was having. The universe works in mysterious ways. Who would have thought that I would room with a fellow Californian from the same area as I, and that he would help me the way that he did. Talk about California Love. So happy to have met such a dope ass individual. I gave him my contact info and will be awaiting a message from him so that I can go see him when I'm back in the Monterey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment