Friday, July 14, 2017

Reflections in Havana

I confused the Viazul departure times of my bus to Pinar Del Río from Havana and my bus back to Havana from Pinar Del Río, so I ended up showing up to the Viazul station an hour early. Note to self: read your travel documents fully before executing any decision. I could have been sleeping or even writing this where there was wifi available. 
My last night at Enzo's was one of the most human and genuine experiences I've ever had with people my age. I can't decide what was the best part of the night was; singing the fresh prince of bel air theme song outside of the Estadio Latino America at 1am with my new friends or clucking like chickens during our internationally modified game of Kings Cup in the apartment. I'm convinced now more than ever that young people are most definitely the catalysts for change. To be able to talk with other like minded young people from all corners of the globe about the solutions to life's problems and experience new things together is a blessing and a privilege that not many get to experience. The 3 months of peanut butter jelly and cutting unnecessary expenditures were all worth it. 

The first stop of my trip is complete, and now I'm off to my casa particular in Pinar Del Río, the "tobacco Mecca of the world" to smoke some good good.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BywMagYa-LOmVWNCMkpBME1FRUk

No comments:

Post a Comment